#1 2019-10-20 14:34:11

SuffolkPunch

License Key field blank on First-run Setup.

Hi,

I'm running Linux Mint 19.2 'Tara' 64 bit Cinnamon.

Have downloaded and installed the T'bird add-on 'GeneralSyncIntegrationTB_0.9.0.1b.xpi'.

Have downloaded and unpacked GeneralSync_0.9.0.4b.zip.

When I double-click on the file 'Start GeneralSync' , a window opens entitled  'GeneralSync -First-run Setup'. Mozilla Thunderbird is pre-selected, the License Key entry field is blank, and the 'next' button is greyed-out.

What have I done wrong?

I have previously successfully setup GeneralSync on another linux mint pc (LM18.3), and didn't get this problem
then.

Any help gratefully received.

Martin

Last edited by SuffolkPunch (2019-10-20 14:36:16)

#2 2019-10-20 14:56:58

SuffolkPunch

Re: License Key field blank on First-run Setup.

Update (solved).  Suddenly realised I could copy my active license (dislayed when you log in to GS site account). Et voila!

#3 2019-10-20 15:05:07

ds
Founder / Developer

Re: License Key field blank on First-run Setup.

SuffolkPunch wrote:

the License Key entry field is blank, and the 'next' button is greyed-out.

The "next" button should become enabled the moment you enter your license key. You can find your license key at the top of the download page and in the email you received when signing up for the beta.

If the other PC is still running GeneralSync, you can also view the license code by opening GeneralSync, clicking on the gear icon in the top right corner of the window (to open the settings) and then clicking on "Edit..."  besides the license information.

SuffolkPunch wrote:

I have previously successfully setup GeneralSync on another linux mint pc (LM18.3), and didn't get this problem then.

The layout was changed in the last UI redesign: in earlier versions of GeneralSync, the field for the license code was on the second page of the first run dialog. Did the new layout confuse you? If yes, where would you have expected the license code field to be?

Edit: Looks like you solved the issue before I could send my response. Good to hear you were able to figure it out by yourself smile

Last edited by ds (2019-10-20 15:07:04)

Board footer