#1 2018-05-16 08:07:46

zappi

release contact device

I have installed GeneralSync and successfully established the contacts with two external devices (Android phone and netbook). In the PC and the netbook I have Windows 10. I got, however, stuck in the last step, to confirm the calender synchronization in the "Kontrollzentrum". In the PC the contacts for the calendar are remaining on "ausstehend". No message is received, neither on the Android phone nor on the netbook. The calender has been created in Thunderbird and on the Android phone.

#2 2018-05-16 17:05:15

ds
Founder / Developer

Re: release contact device

zappi wrote:

I got, however, stuck in the last step, to confirm the calender synchronization in the "Kontrollzentrum". In the PC the contacts for the calendar are remaining on "ausstehend".

If a sync relation is in the "pending" state (German: "ausstehend"), you need to confirm said relation on the other device.

If the other device is a PC, a small popup appears upon the creation of the sync relation. Click on that popup and confirm the dialog to establish the connection. If you accidentally dismissed the dialog, you can alternatively open the dashboard (German: "Kontrollzentrum") by double-clicking the GeneralSync icon in your system tray. Go to the "devices" tab (German: "Geräte") and select the device you created the sync relation on. You should see the sync relation marked as "available" (German: "verfügbar"). Click on the relation to confirm it.

If the other device is an Android device, a notification is shown in the device's notification area. Touch that notification and confirm the dialog to establish the connection. Alternatively, open the GeneralSync app and navigate to "devices" (German: "Geräte"). Tap on the device you created the sync relation on. You should see the sync relation marked as "available" (German: "verfügbar"). Tap on the relation to confirm it.

The whole process of creating a calendar and the corresponding sync relation is also shown in the video tutorial.

zappi wrote:

The calender has been created in Thunderbird and on the Android phone.

Please note that GeneralSync supports multiple calendars or address books with the same name. If you create one calendar on each device, you'll thus always end up with two independent calendars, even if they have the same name.

Once you established a sync relation, the calendar is automatically made available on the target device, you don't have to create it on every single device.

#3 2018-05-17 06:15:00

zappi

Thank you for your answer. In the meantime I found the pop-up window on the  Android phone but not on the Windows 10 netbook. The latter contact is still shown as inactive ("aussstehend") although I acknowledged two messages in the Kontrollzentrum. Where can I find the message?

#4 2018-05-18 15:16:08

ds
Founder / Developer

zappi wrote:

[...] Windows 10 netbook. The latter contact is still shown as inactive ("aussstehend") although I acknowledged two messages in the Kontrollzentrum. Where can I find the message?

I'm not sure what message(s) you refer to.

If you open the dashboard (German: "Kontrollzentrum") and switch to the tab "Devices" (German: "Geräte") on both devices, you should see a list of paired devices on the left part of the dialog. In that list, select the PC on the netbook and vice-versa. You should then see a list of sync relations in the right part of the dialog.

If I understood you correctly, the relations are "pending" (German: "ausstehend") on the PC and available (German: "verfügbar") on the netbook. In that case, click on each sync relation with the state "available" (German: "verfügbar"), and confirm it in the dialog popping up each time. On the netbook, the relation should then immediately switch to "active" (German: "aktiv"). With a small delay, the relations should then switch to active on the PC as well.

If I did not understand you correctly, please list all sync relations you see (one list for each device, please also include the current state) and all calendars / address books as presented in the "Content" tab (German: "Inhalte") as well. If you want, you can replace calendar and address book names with generic titles. The list could look like this:

On the PC: listed under "Content":

• Calendar "A"

• Calendar "B"

• Address book "C"

• Address book "D"

Sync relations towards the netbook:

• Calendar "A": pending

• Calendar "B": pending

• Address book "C": active

• Address book "D": pending

On the netbook: listed under "Content":

• Calendar "B"

• Address book "C"

Sync relations towards the PC:

• Calendar "A": available

• Calendar "B": (no state displayed)

• Address book "C": active

#5 2018-05-18 15:29:53

zappi

After opening the "Kontrollzentrum" on the netbook, I succeeded in getting a message that the synchronisation will start. Now all devices are active. Thank you very much for your help!
Best regards

Board footer