#1 2017-08-08 15:11:49

smilla

LinuxMint 18.2 64

Hello,

At first start it begins with "Thunderbird not installed". But that's not true.

#2 2017-08-08 15:39:29

ds
Founder / Developer

Re: LinuxMint 18.2 64

smilla wrote:

At first start it begins with "Thunderbird not installed". But that's not true.

You may need to start Thunderbird at least once before starting GeneralSync in order for GeneralSync to detect your installation. If that does not help, please provide additional information regarding your system:

• In Thunderbird, choose "Help | Troubleshooting Information". Check the "Include account names" checkbox and look at the "Profile Directory" entry under "Application Basics". Does it conform to the format "/home/[username]/.thunderbird/[random characters].default"? If not, could you post an anonymized version of that path (remove your username and optionally also the random characters)?

• Which Version of GeneralSync do you use? (0.1.3.6b?)

• What source did you install Thunderbird from? (official Linux Mint package? direct download from Mozilla?)

To get you started without waiting for my next reply: you can safely ignore the "Thunderbird ist not installed" messages and continue setting up GeneralSync. Afterwards, install the Thunderbird Add-on manually (the guide for Thunderbird contains instructions on how to manually install the add-on). You can then continue to use GeneralSync as if the automatic detection would have worked.

#3 2017-08-09 17:05:05

smilla

Hello again,
thanx for the quick help, it worked.
I very much appreciate such fine sw.

Everything seems to be allright according to controll center and Android - but it doesn't sync.

Thunderbird shows the calendars with a Attention mark saying the calendar is currently unavailable but the calendars ar shown in TB.

The error log in CC gives a bulk of this:

com.generalsync.lib.protocol.exception.ProtocolException: Malformed XML:  application is not allowed to access this set ... (1019, 102, 141, 511, 266, 1149,624, 748)
org.xml.sax.SAXException:  application is not allowed to access this set ... at [7 items]

(would be nice if I could copy the log)

I've no firewall on.

#4 2017-08-09 23:22:01

ds
Founder / Developer

smilla wrote:

Malformed XML:  application is not allowed to access this set

This error sounds as if you deleted a calendar through the GeneralSync control panel, but did not remove it in Thunderbird as well. Thunderbird thus attempts to open the "old" and now deleted calendar. Alternatively, this issue could theoretically be caused by Thunderbird crashing while removing a calendar in Thunderbird. Can you elaborate on what you did to get the error? Did you follow the video tutorial?

Either way, to fix the problem it should be sufficient to remove calendar in Thunderbird. If necessary, you can immediately re-add the calendars that are now missing.

Did that help? If not, there might be additional errors in Thunderbird's error console (in current versions of Thunderbird: Tools|Developer Tools|Error console). Keep the error console open while removing and re-adding the calendar to make sure you get all related messages.

#5 2017-08-11 14:19:52

smilla

Now it works!
What a usefull Software! Gratulation!

Maybe I acted a bit clumsily, maybe the UI is a bit unusual concerning the workflow. I felt some steps could also be more automated. (This is ment as a tip not as critics).

Board footer